No-bake Oatmeal Date Almond Chocolate Balls
These quick, healthy and easy no-bake oatmeal energy balls are perfect for late morning and afternoon sweet snacks. Packed with natural sugar and fiber, they are also ideal as a pre or post workout boost! A tasty and smart solution for your chocolate cravings!
Dates are a powerful energy booster! They will help you improve digestion as they are high in fiber, they strengthen bones, boost brain health thanks to vitamin B6 and are rich in minerals like potassium, magnesium, manganese, copper and iron. They are one of the best ingredients for muscle development.
Yields about 10 small-sized balls:
- A big handful of dried dates
- A handful of almonds
- A handful of dried raisins
- A handful of dried cranberries
- A handful of oatmeal
- A sprinkle of chia seeds
- 1 large spoonful of coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of dark chocolate powder
- A few drops of vanilla syrup
- 1 little spoon of water
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- With a little spoon, place part of the mix in one palm and roll the mix between both palms to make a ball shape.
- When round, roll the ball in some more coconut flakes. Make sure it’s fully and evenly covered.
- Repeat until you run out of mix!
My tip: Before rolling the balls, place the mix in the fridge for a minimum of 30 min. It makes it less sticky and easier to roll.