10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD DRINK LEMON WATER
AS SOON AS YOU WAKE-UP
I start my day with a glass of slightly warm water with a lemon on empty stomach. I pour 200 ml of clean water into the glass, squeeze out half a lemon, lemon juice. I add about 100 ml of hot water.
I have it now as a ritual, I feel amazing after it. I would like to share with you all the benefits of drinking a glass of water with lemon in the morning.
You only need 2 minutes to make this “elixir of life”, but how much good!
1. You will strengthen the immune system. Lemon is rich in vitamin C and potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium. It stimulates the brain and nervous system, controls blood pressure.
2. The drink will equalize the alkaline balance, because citric acid does not increase acidity.
3. You will lose weight faster. Lemon juice contains pectin, which helps the body to fight the feeling of hunger. In addition, it has been proven that people who support an alkaline diet lose weight much faster.
4. Lemon juice stimulates digestion. Warm water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis.
5. This drink has a mild diuretic effect. Lemon water increases the rate of urination, which helps to quickly cleanse the body, while maintaining the health of the urinary tract.
6. You will notice how your skin will be cleansed. In addition, vitamin C helps to reduce wrinkles and the disappearance of acne, rashes and dark spots as it removes toxins from the blood.
7. A glass of water is a fight against dehydration of the body, since the morning all systems will start working correctly and first of all – the adrenal glands that secrete hormones. The body will be ready for stress, and the whole day will be able to function normally.
8. With its powerful antibacterial properties, lemon juice helps fight infections.
9. Lemon juice is also extremely beneficial at cleansing the liver as it promotes the liver to flush out toxins.
10. Lemon’s anti-inflammatory properties help in fighting respiratory tract infections, sore throat and inflammation of tonsils.